Skip to content
New Resident Quick Start
- Sign up for HorizonCrestAnnounce mailing list
- Sign up for the nextdoor.com neighborhood mailing list
- Telephone (Landline), DSL Internet, Satellite TV – CenturyLink
- Cable TV, Cable Internet – Comcast
- Electric, Natural Gas – Puget Sound Energy – PSE has a smartphone app that can show power outages and predicted restoration.
- Garbage, Recycling, Compost/Yard Waste – Republic Services – Pick up is on Tuesdays starting as early as 7:00 AM. Cans should go in the street, not on the sidewalk. Cans should be placed with 2 feet between them, 3 feet from cars and mailboxes. If Christmas or New Year’s Day is on Monday or Tuesday, then pick up will be on Wednesday. If a pickup is missed because of snow, twice the regular amount will be allowed the following week.
- Water, Sewer – City of Bellevue
- Driver’s Licensing
- Vehicle Licensing
- Mailboxes – Sadly, mail theft is a recurring problem, especially around Christmas. We recommend a hardened security locking mailbox, such as the Pinnacle model. Mention that HCCA sent you and receive 10% off. If you get with your neighbors to rebuild the mailbox housing, HCCA will reimburse half the cost up to $200.
- Join the Horizon Crest Community Association
- Wildlife – Bears, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, deer and rabbits live in the greenbelts around our neighborhood, and are sometimes seen in the neighborhood. They are rarely a threat to humans. If wildlife does present an immediate threat, call 911. For non-emergency situations, call the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at 877-933-9847. To avoid confrontations with wildlife:
- Keep small pets indoors
- Don’t leave pet food (or other food) outside
- Store garbage cans in the garage
- Don’t put out bird feeders
- Check out our suggestions for Being a Good Neighbor
Other Useful Resources