The HCCA still has some funds to distribute matching monies for multi-family neighborhood improvement projects. Now might be a great time to do something like this! The matching funds have some requirements, and are first-come, first-served. The details are on this page.
Horizon Crest Community Association
Since Saturday, King County is now in “Modified Phase 1” of the state’s Safe Start plan. Many more services are open including personal care, household services, pet grooming, car washes, construction, and others. You can find the details on Modified Phase 1, and other COVID safety tips on the county’s website.
At this time, there are no known cases in Bellevue. However, as the virus spreads in Western Washington, it is important to remember the few basic practices that can limit the spread:
- Even if you are not ill, avoid visiting hospitals, long term care facilities or nursing homes to the extent possible. If you do need to visit one of these facilities limit your time there and keep 6 feet away from patients.
- Do not go to the emergency room unless essential. Emergency rooms need to be able to serve those with the most critical needs. If you have symptoms like cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, contact your regular doctor first.
- Stay home when sick.
- Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including washing your hands with soap and water frequently, coughing into a tissue or your elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay away from people who are ill, especially if you are at higher risk for coronavirus.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (like doorknobs and light switches). Regular household cleaners are effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you’ve just washed your hands.
- Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy foods, and manage your stress to keep your immunity strong.
- Stay informed. Information is changing frequently. Check and subscribe to Public Health’s website (www.kingcounty.gov/COVID) or blog (www.publichealthinsider.com).